Sunday, October 31, 2010

Having A Ball

I have many great pictures from the Jane Austen Ball last night. I also took some video, which I will post when I get back home, so stay tuned for that.

Today, before our selected breakout sessions, we heard from Juliet McMaster, who along with her Many other accomplishments, is the founder of Juvenalia press, publishing many of Jane Austen’s minor works along side her own illustrations.

IMG_3070We also slipped away for a trip (pilgrimage) to Powells book store. With floor after floor of new and used books, it was hard not to send the whole day there. This picture is deceptive. It is one corner of a store that includes several (stories pardon my pun) and a whole city block.IMG_3069 A shelf of Austen and Austen related books-IMG_3068 And another,

IMG_3067 And another.

IMG_3077After two more talks it was time to get ready for the ball.

Before the Ball[2 cropped] The overall effect was more ‘Lydia’ than ‘Elizabeth Bennett’, but that was OK with me.

I wish I could share all my pictures, but here is a sampling. Remember that in addition to the Jane Austen theme, this was also a Ball Masque, so many participants are in costume.

IMG_3092 IMG_3096IMG_3109IMG_3114IMG_3120IMG_3121IMG_3122IMG_3123 IMG_3104 IMG_3130IMG_3097 IMG_3128 Even the purse table looked very elegant.

 IMG_3146 I had a great time and I am especially glad my mom could share this trip with me.

I Love you Mom!

And Happy Anniversary Jon, You’re the best!

-Lynnae

2 comments:

  1. You look so great. What a fun night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that looked like a great evening, if only we could go back in time....how fun!
    MCB

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: