Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Chalkboard Project

 chalkboard 1

I made this chalkboard as a Super Saturday craft a while back and finally got around to hanging it up. We were repainting old window frames, and after washing and sanding mine I decided to leave the paint as-is. We replaced the glass area with a board painted with chalkboard paint. I added a row of square nails across the bottom for keys.

I decided to hang it on my tricky wall, so you’ll have to tell me what you think. The tricky thing about this wall is that it has the doorbell box, a thermostat, and an oddly placed switch plate. I shopped my house for other little things to put around the chalkboard and balance out the little boxes.  I think it looks pretty, but I don’t know if it’s cluttered or if I’m just not used to it because the wall was so plain before.

IMG_1425I also went to Michaels and found a sale on little garden and home decorations. Several cute little things I’ve been admiring were half off. I bought these cute little hangers for the pantry closet. I decided to mix and match rather than go with a matched set. It makes me smile every time I open the pantry.

 

IMG_1426

-Lynnae

5 comments:

  1. I love the chalk board craft! I think I may try to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so darn crafty! Everything looks so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chalkboard is so cute, but I really love the new hooks in the pantry! Adorable1

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the combination of those darling aprons ON the hooks that makes me smile. Those are great hooks though. I don't think your chalkboard wall looks cluttered at all. I like it! Would you like it better if the hanging on the left side were switched to be above the thermostat and those 2 hangings were moved to the other side, making the thermostat part of the whole display?
    I'm sure you've already thought about that and probably tried it....just wondering if it was the balance that was throwing you. I don't think it looks cluttered.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Lynnae!
    You did absolutely wonderful girl!
    Your "tricky" wall is now quaint and your pantry is soooo welcoming! I'd smile every time I opened the door too!
    {{{love the aprons!}}}

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: