Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year!

IMG_1053

Once my sisters and I had the crazy idea of making Rice Krispies Treat IMG_1056Sushi. So I made some to take to the New Years Eve Party. I used Kelloggs Rice Krispies, fruit leather, Swedish Fish, Sour Patch worms and other delicacies, along with a little bit of pink frosting. Instead of putting the warm rice krispie treats into a pan, I put it on wax paper, washed and buttered my hands and pushed it down into a thin layer that could be rolled up easily.

My favorites are wrapped in green apple fruit leather with red-hots on top.

 

I’m taking them to the New years party at my sis’ house.

IMG_1059IMG_1055Luckily in our family you can do something a little strange and no one really questions it.

Happy New Year!

-Lynnae

3 comments:

  1. Those turned out so very cute. And they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds really good actually, and I love the idea. Very creative! Plus, anyone can eat them even the pregnant or fish-o-phobic (Well, I guess maybe you couldn't if you were diabetic maybe . . .)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever idea! Serious fun! After all the times I've tried to make real sushi and failed, maybe I ought to try this! I linked to this post from the yourldsradio.com blog!

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: