Tuesday, September 7, 2010

P&P- The Play

Pride And Prejudice cast poster

I am back home from my travels and ready to settle in for the fall.

One of the fun things that I did while away was to see the play “Pride and Prejudice” at the Utah Shakespearean Festival in Cedar City, Utah. My thirteen year old daughter came to the play with me. We had a great time. The play was very well done. We enjoyed laughing at Mr. Collins especially, although Mr. Darcy had some pretty comic moments himself. It was fun to have Jordan as a play partner. She was thrilled to be seated on the front row of the balcony (The thought of which made my stomach drop several times during the show).

The set was minimal and it was interesting to see how they utilized it for the various locations. The play was very fast paced, which caught me off guard at first. At one moment Jane gets and invitation to Netherfield, and then almost as she reads it the Netherfield cast is assembling around her. It was a very interesting device to get so much story into a play on a minimal stage.

The acting was all first rate, the costumes were lovely, and everyone could be heard clearly, so for me it was a night well spent!

Pride And Prejudice with Jordanr

-Lynnae

P.S. Are any of my readers attending the Jane Austen Society of North America AGM in Portland next month? I would be interested in knowing. Also, I started an event page on facebook for the AGM because there wasn’t one yet.

 

1 comment:

  1. That looks so fun. I haven't been to the Shakespeare Festival in many, many years.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: