Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mirror and Piano

I finished repainting my mirror and hung it above the piano. Here is a ‘before’ look at the mirror that I got in a thrift store (Well, almost before. I was anxious to start and then remembered I didn’t have a picture).

Frame project

We have a very old, dark piano. A few years ago I turned the oval panels around to show the light wood, like the inside of my piano. Here you can see those panels.

IMG_0770 

I recently decided to turn them back to the dark wood. While I had my piano all opened up I took a few shots of the details inside the piano.

IMG_0771 IMG_0775

IMG_0772Seems a shame to have it hidden away!

Here is the finished project.

IMG_0787

I set a few things on the piano top so you can get the idea, but I’m getting ready to get the Christmas decorations out, so I didn’t want to spend to much time on it.

It’s time for me to ‘Deck the Halls’, and don’t tell me it’s too early. Today I was at Michaels getting something for a school project of my daughter’s, and I overheard a woman saying “You know, Christmas really snuck up on me this year!” It’s November 17th! I love it.

-Lynnae

P.S. This project also included a lot of spackling and repainting of the previous holes. Especially since the first time I hung the mirror it was about eight inches to high and the hooks showed. I needed a few days to ‘ponder’ the height, and then I took it down and rehung it (and more spackle and paint). I also learned to use the power drill. ( and fill the holes and re-drill) I know, I’m a baby. I need to get used to power tools. Jon said I did a good job though, and he thought the wall looked great. I’m pretty proud of it and can’t wait for Christmas.

3 comments:

  1. It looks lovely! This makes me miss the piano we had as a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great!
    I can almost imagine some of those decorative wood pieces stained and on the piano as well, if you get bored with it in a few years....

    Please share lots of pics with us when you get you Holiday decor up! (ANd tell me how to put 2 pictures side by side!)

    BIG HUGE PS-
    Where Women Create is out again, a LOVELY magazine to say the least. There is one artist who uses a ton of buttons, other than that I could just die over this issue from cover to cover!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have it!!! I always think of you when I see those button lovers. Do you tear out the page or just turn it with a pair of tongs. lol.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: