Thursday, July 2, 2009

Getting Ready for Independence Day

Kudos to our local little Movie Theater for this festive and patriotic display. I LOVE it!

We are getting ready for a big Independence Day gathering, with relatives coming from as far as California, Oregon, and Utah. I've been sick (sorry I haven't posted for a bit) and my washing machine was broken. Both things tend to incapacitate me a little bit. But now I'm getting back on track and have a lot to do.
In addition to attending an early morning flag raising, we have had a firework party at least seven of the ten years we've lived here. The 'Brother-in-Law's' and other guy friends will run down to the Indian reservation, pool there money, and get all kinds of firework goodies for young and old alike. We cover the front lawn with blankets and lawn chairs, eat tons of food, and celebrate living in the Best Nation on Earth!!!

After our party we get out brooms and leaf blowers to clean the street before everyone goes home that night.
We are expecting two couples and four teens, in addition to our family, to be staying at our house this weekend. For our Fourth of July party another fifteen adults and various teens, along with a bevy of little kids will be here. Pictures to follow!
I love Independence Day!!!!!

Happy Fourth of July!

3 comments:

  1. What a fun weekend for your family! Happy 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun! Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad I wasn't of them...

    may I make a reservation for next year, please? I will even make deviled eggs, if you like.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: