Friday, January 2, 2009

Welcome to 2009

My first post of 2009.... I am excited for this new year. I have a continuing list of projects, and a few new things I hope to work on this year.
I am on week 8 of my The Artist's Way book, and the program by Julia Cameron designed to help creative people work through blocks or become more creative. My goal in following the program is to try and bring some of my ideas into fruition.....and maybe even completion, a big step for me. But the writing exercises and artist's dates have been a lot of fun and I would definitely recommend the book to anyone wanting to make way for their inner artist! Right now I'm headed over to the HGTV website to look at the Dream Home. For a few years this has been a New Year's pleasure of mine, but the houses have become more and more 'rustic' (boo) and so expensive that even people who win them can't afford to keep them. So I kind of forgot about it, then last night I saw the tail end of the show with the 2009 home in Sonoma, CA. It's a cute farmhouse, just adorable. While I'm not in love with the decorating, I am excited to go view the full house on the website. I wish they would put out a little magazine! The HGTV show usually has too many fast pans across the room and weird camera angles, more suitable for a rock video than for house lovers who actually want to soak it all in. The indoor colors all pretty bright and bold. I'm a color person, I have lots of color on my walls, but the particular colors they chose look a little cheap and don't appeal to me. But I'll take a second look. What would you do if you won the Dream Home? The last one I really even wanted to win was the house in Tyler Texas. But they are too expensive to keep from a tax perspective. I always figured if I won I would take the family to stay down there as long as we could, make a long vacation out of it, then take my favorite furniture pieces and sell the rest. Just think of all the pretty dressers and night stands and mirrors oh my......

1 comment:

  1. Lol . . . Yes, I toured that Sonoma house to death . . . Though I felt pretty much the same way you did about the colors and the decorating . . . All I could think is, could I really make this room work with my own decor items? But them I realized I'd probably end up selling it all in the end. (All except the things I pieces I loved of course) I guess it could have been an investment into my true dream home. *Sigh* I hope next year's is nice. I'm not a big fan of the "rustic" look either.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: