Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sisters Be!

My sister Julianna made this collage with all nine of us sisters.

Julianna's sister collage

I am on the top, center, if you couldn’t tell. I come from a large family, and looking at my sisters…we are all so alike, and all so different. I hope my three daughters grow up with the same kind of a bond and love for their family.

I have three brothers also, and I love them dearly. My own daughters were brought up in a home without any brothers. We were pretty much a girl house with girl things and a pink Barbie room, and my husband has always been greatly outnumbered. There is a church song that we often sing at family night that has the line “We must brothers be….” and somewhere along the line my daughters started shouting “SISTERS BE” after the is line. I’m surprised none of them actually said it at church.

There’s something wonderful about sisters.

-Lynnae

3 comments:

  1. Love it! I had to post it on my own blog. I'm so happy Julie put this up. Your girls (and your brothers) have brought me my greatest joys and loves in life. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo of you and your sister's! Growing up, I had 2 sisters and now have 7 children..4 boys and 3 girls!

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: