Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Let’s Take the ‘Everything Austen Challenge!

Stephanie’s Written Word is having an Everything Austen Challenge that will run from July 1st 2009 to Jan 2010. The prize is a DVD of Lost in Austen, and in order to be eligible for the drawing you must read or watch 6 Austen related works in the next six months. Come on, that will be easy! 

Read all about the Everything Austen Challenge here. 

This is what I am planning to do:

  • Read Sense and Sensibility
  • Read Persuasion
  • Read Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict
  • Read Jane Austen’s Guide to Dating….Which Jon bought me recently. Now how many hubbies would buy their wife a dating book? He knows how much I love J.A.
  • Watch Persuasion (The RPJ Version!)
  • Watch Mansfield Park (Miramax Version- even though it’s way off, still, A lot of it is pretty hot. I mean, uh, Fairly well representative of the novel.)

6 comments:

  1. This sounds precisely like my kind of challenge!! Thanks for passing it along :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list! Thanks so much for joining in!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds awesome. I started P&P last night and am gearing up to watch all of its movie adaptations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anyone deserves to win this, it should be you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooo. That sounds fun. Since my summer has suddenly cleared up, I think I might hop on your wagon. I just recently went through a huge Austen kick though and read everything I could get my hands on. One of my new favorites is Northanger Abbey. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wait, I need to add 'Prada and Predjudice' to that.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: