Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter 2010

  I am so grateful for Easter time. We had a nice dinner with family over, then we colored eggs. Here is a snapshot of our creations.

IMG_1646IMG_1645

We did a regular dye kit and a marbleizing dye which we’ve never done before.

IMG_1650It was also General Conference weekend for members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, which means we watch and listen to sermons from the church leaders in Salt Lake City via satellite, radio or internet. So rather than go to church we get comfy at home and watch the programs on TV on Saturday and Sunday. It’s a little different, not going to church on Easter Sunday, but we had a lovely day at home and the talks were comforting and uplifting.

Friday my daughter had a lumbar puncture to hopefully figure out what she’s suffering from. The procedure itself went well but she was in tremendous pain later on and we ended up staying almost all night. I won’t go into details but we agree that it was the most horrible night of our lives. Seeing your child suffer tremendously and feeling like there is no one who is able to help you- feeling terrified and abandoned in the middle of a modern hospital is a terrible sensation I won’t soon forget.

I have prayed more this past week than any other period in my life I’m sure. I need the comfort that only God can give, and trusting in him seems harder when it’s my child and not myself who is suffering, but I pray for peace and understanding.

Hopefully these tests will yield some answers. We were afraid our trip might be cancelled, but she’s recuperating well and has her heart set on seeing her new college, her older sister, and sister’s new boyfriend. I am excited too. So we’ll go and take it easy. I will try and bring you pictures!

 

Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  

In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

                                                   Proverbs 3:5,6

 

-Lynnae

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I am sorry about your experience at the hospital. Your poor daughter. Poor you. When my youngest had surgery at 4 months old, I was almost hysterical when they took him away. I know how you feel, watching your children in pain. SIGH. Such is the lot of mothers. On a different note, I am glad you enjoyed you weeken, and the conference.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: