Thursday, March 31, 2011

Stand a Little Taller

IMG_3832 I saw this cute sign while I was out shopping the other day. I don’t know what I like more, the cottage style, the Empire State Building, or the cheery message.

“Stand a Little Taller- Make Each Day a Little Better Than the One Before”.

That’s just what I need to see when I come down on a groggy school day morning.

I bought the sign at Cost Plus World Market. They had a lot of merchandise out for spring and I couldn’t resist a photo of these brightly colored decorations.

IMG_3819

It’s good to have your camera with you.

Last week I also got a little tired of the shelves in my family room. So they went from this……IMG_3802

To this……IMG_3834 I need to switch out some accessories I think, But I only can seem to get a little done at a time, so it’s a start. To some people (like my sweet husband) it may seem like I randomly pulled out some paint and started painting something, but this shelf has been bugging me, and I’ve been thinking about painting it for a long time.IMG_3803

Not that there’s anything wrong with randomly painting something……

-Lynnae

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and about the area under the shelves... While some day I hope to put in a little glass front cabinet there, for now the curtain hides all of our X-box Rock Band instruments. Pretty clever I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the blue behind the shelves!

    I just bought some great curtains and World Market, today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I need that picture!!!! You got it at World Market? Yikes.....there's not a lot of those around here ;-(

    Hayden wants something like that for his bedroom. I love it.
    YOur shelves look great! I love the personal touch and splash of color. Perfect for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think there's a World market up by West Jordan. Some things may be cheaper at Hobby Lobby, but I don't think they have the Moroccan or Asian stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOooooh....I have that same spring bug! I'm dying to paint something and goof off for a couple of days...that's why I have to go in to school today (Saturday) and write sub plans for Monday and Tuesday.
    I just love the splash of color behind those shelves! Your accent pieces seem to be the same, but now they really POP! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that sign. Do they still have them. I love that color in your bookcase too.

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: