Monday, November 2, 2009

Anniversary and Projects

 IMG_0757 
  I will start right off with a picture of some of the lovely two-dozen roses Jon brought home on our anniversary. We went out to 0/8 Seafood Grill and had a great time and some delicious seafood. I must mention the lobster bisque.

In addition to getting ready for the holidays I am currently working on two art projects.

Heathers book The first is a tutorial for a pretty art journal from Heather at Pretty Petals. I have never done a step by step tutorial like this but I wanted a little impetus and was in the mood to do something that was sorta kinda with a group. I will be posting pictures of the journal as I go. The tutorial is available until the end of the month- she’s already extended it, luckily for me, but maybe it’s not to late to buy it if you are a fast worker. This is a picture of Heather’s book, from her blog. They will all be a little different. Especially mine! Because I found a great book to alter, but it was bigger than the suggested size. So I will have to make a few changes here and there.

Fat Book Valentines The second thing is I am working on a Fat Book swap with Robin at the Thrifty Miss Priss blog . We each make 12 of our pages, send them to her, and she is assembling them and sending the books back. The theme is Winter Whites. I can’t wait to have a lovely art book made by fellow bloggers! The picture is from a previous fat book she did with a Valentines day theme.

I’ve been working on my page and am pretty excited about it, but I’m not going to show it until I get it back all finished. I don’t want to spoil anyone’s surprise!

-Lynnae

6 comments:

  1. "And yada yada I never heard from him again."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really wanted to join Robin's swap, it looks like such a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It does! I'm a newbie at this but have always wanted to do a swap. I am so excited about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your anniversary and what beautiful roses you received!

    Heather always does such amazingly stunning work...I am sure the tutorial is wonderful!
    ~Alice W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it's great. My slowness is due to me, not any difficulty with the tutorial. I'm pretty excited about what I have so far.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done 6 of the Heather journals for my 6 granddaughters who are older. They are not all alike, different for each one. Aimed towards the things they like. Took me a long time to get all the books I needed. I had to use different sized books also. Blessings
    QMM

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: