Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel

Yes, I am still alive. My daughter and I just finished our play, "The Music Man" in which I played one of the Pick-a-little Ladies. Not only was I in the play and busy with rehearsals, I agreed to design and paint sets too, so I've spent pretty much the last two weeks at the church. This is my Daughter and I getting ready for the Saturday Matinee show.
Last night was also my last session of the communtiy college class I've been taking.
I haven't been in a classroom OR a play for about 24 years, so this was quite an experience for me. I've been out of my comfort zone!

I may have been in a rut before, but I miss my rut. I'm ready to hop back in. Should the need arise, I may take another class someday, or be in a play, that was fun. But if I ever agree to design and paint sets- just shoot me or make reservations at the local mental hospital, because I can't take that again!
In the next picture I am in the center, and you can get a look at some of the set painting behind us.It's nice to be back on the bloggosphere, and the kitchen table for that matter.

2 comments:

  1. You guys look so great! And The Music Man is one of my very favorite musicals.

    Glad you're still alive!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you made it, it is so much work, but well worth it. The sets look amaziing! I'd love to see more.

    I worked on our Suessical sets and on the first night one of them broke, the stage crew duck taped the set back together- right over the art I spent hours painting...and left it. I vowed to never paint for that paticular city again! (and they called me next year!).

    I want my rut, too. I will be back soon!

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: