Monday, February 13, 2012

Baby Shower Fun

Last time I told you I was making decorations for my friend’s baby shower, and here’s a little peek at how it turned out.baby shower decoration

I made giant tissue paper flowers in two colors, two coffee filter balls, and used a round Chinese lantern. The white poof on top is made from coffee filters glued onto a paper-mâché ball. The light pink poof on the right is also made from coffee filters, but the I wanted bigger so I got the commercial size package at Staples, and I dyed them in food coloring. Using dye, tea, or even just water changes the consistency of the filter a little bit and I like it.

This turned out too big to go over the table so I put it in the ‘pass thru’ window by the dining room with a 3M Command hook. I love those babies! I made wire hooks on each piece like you would with an ornament, then connected longer wire and twisted it into a loop at the top. This came from an inspiration photo I saw on Pinterest, and here is a link to the original at Divine Living.

A Baby Shower Game:

This is a matching game. Prepare by writing each word on the left on two corresponding 3x5 cards, and buy the candy bars listed.

To play you will mix up the cards and lay them out on the floor or table. Going around the circle each person turns over two cards to try and get a match. If you get a match you win the candy bar that goes with that word. Then play goes to the next person. Here are the words and candy bars:

Little girls……..Sweet Tarts

Daddy…………..Big Hunk

Baby Names….Whatchamacallit

9 months………Rocky Road

Coo’s and Giggles….Snickers

Teething………..Munch

Weight Gain……Chunky

Pacifier…………..Gobstopper

Multiples………..Sixlets

Nursing………….Milk Duds

Premie……………Runts

Conception………Skor

OBGYN…………….Butterfinger

Epidural…………..Life Saver

Tax deduction…..Pay Day

Contraction………Whopper

You can’t always find all these candy bars. Try to have at least 10 so you have 20 cards on the table for your match game. Have fun!

-Lynnae

2 comments:

People who must have their share in the conversation: