Tuesday, June 21, 2011

New Orleans Day One

IMG_4259We stumbled off the airplane not long before midnight, but technically it was Saturday, so I’m, including it with our first day.

My daughter’s fiancé is a great young man, so I was eager to meet his parents. They were very nice and we had a great time. After checking in to our hotel we headed down to Cafe Du Monde to get acquainted over beignets.IMG_4181 IMG_4184 My daughter’s future in-laws.

IMG_4186 Posing with my two older daughters. Yes, there are beignets under all that powdered sugar!

IMG_4245 My daughter was very excited to be with her fiancé again after not seeing him for over a month.

IMG_4202 My second daughter also came a long on the trip. Here we are stopping for a photo break.

IMG_4243 My new friend buying us a blackened catfish po-boy sandwich to split.  The food was HEAVEN! Our new family friends threw a couple great bridal showers for my daughter while we were there. Between their excellent Italian cooking and the New Orleans flavors all around it was a foodie dream come true. ( I know, calories! But I figured I compensated by walking in the heat for hours. I earned every bite).

And then………. according to my children I proceeded to take enough pictures of New Orleans to furnish Google maps with their street view feature. But I couldn’t resist all the lovely architecture and overflowing balconies.

IMG_4219

IMG_4222

IMG_4244

IMG_4252

 

IMG_4268

 

IMG_4272

IMG_4281

On a side note, I did have to come home and buy some flower boxes for my porch. It seemed a little bare after seeing these beauties!

-Lynnae

No comments:

Post a Comment

People who must have their share in the conversation: