Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yes To The Dress

Dress shopping

 

My daughter chose a wedding dress! I am so excited! It is beautiful too. It was obvious in her face each time she had her dress on that it was the one.

Dress shopping was one of the purposes of our trip to Utah this past week, but we weren’t sure if that would be enough time to find the right dress. The picture above is my daughter at one of the stores we went to in the morning. When we found ‘The Dress’ it was at later in the day at Abella Bridal in Provo. We had an entourage of me, my mom, the Bride to Be and my two other daughters, and the soon-to-be sister-in-law. We got some great pictures together and lovely shots of my daughter trying on the dress, but they are all TOP SECRET for now. Her fiancé is very sweet and supportive but does not want any hint of the wedding dress until the big day.

This is one of those moments in a mothers life that is just beyond description. I thought I might cry….(my mom certainly wiped away a few tears) but I was actually just giddy with excitement. To see the happiness on my daughter’s face, and the oooh’s and ahhh’s from her little sisters, was just priceless.

Once the dress was chosen my brain left me completely and I started doing things like leaving my purse in the restroom, thinking my credit card expired on Jan 14 rather January of 2014, and coming to a full stop at yellow lights. I know it was my daughter’s moment, but I think I was as joyful as she was.

I love my girls so much. I look forward to having these special experiences with all of them and I am so honored to be their mother. The Lord has blessed me greatly.

-Lynnae

3 comments:

  1. Ohhhh come on! Cant you just post a picture of her hands or something???crop creatively and let us ooooogle!!!!!
    Congrats on finding the dress- I have a hunch she looked amazing in everything she put on her body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's a good model, that's for sure. Maybe if I posted one of the ones she did NOT choose.....

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: