Friday, July 9, 2010

Four Days of Pure Jane Austen

Mom and I just registered for the Jane Austen society of North America’s annual general meeting in Portland this October.

PICT0039 (Small) Dancing at the JASNA AGM Ball in Vancouver, 2007

  Four days of pure Austen… classes, lectures, a banquet and ball, actors performances, we even signed up for an English Country Dance workshop. I’m so excited. I’ve gone once before, and this time I get to share it all with Mom, so it will be even more fun.

PICT0016 Authentic Jane Austen Era gowns on display in one of the breakout sessions in 2007 (click to enlarge)

I will give you details of my preparations along the way, and a few posts and lots of pictures from the AGM.

Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. :) You will have a lovely time in Portland, I am sure. Many Oregon Regency Society members will be attending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a wonderful time! What a fun event... and all the better to spend it with your Mom. ;)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never heard of this event and it takes -place in my Country too! It looks sooo fun!

    Sandy xox

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: