Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween 2011

halloween 2011I usually don’t do as much Halloween decorating as some people in my neighborhood, but since it’s sort of the kick off to the holidays I had to do some. Pictured above is my feather wreath. I love it, it’s dark and spooky but still sort of pretty. I’ve had it for a couple years and it holds up pretty well despite the fact that the wind keeps tossing it across the porch. I added a wood trim piece onto a cheap wreath hanger and painted the whole thing black.

halloween 2011 3

This is one of a pair of grape vine wreaths I made last year. I patterned them after the decorations on The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland.halloween 2011 2

I also made this Happy Halloween sign last year. The banner, which is the only new thing I added this year, is a printable from Moselle that I found on Pinterest, I printed it and cut it out, and then to make it stiff cut cardboard from used cereal boxes in slightly bigger triangles, painted black and glued the letters on. The whole thing says ‘Happy Haunting’. I think it is so cute. Here’s a close-up of the printout.halloween 2011 4

-Lynnae

1 comment:

  1. Lovely ~ I especially enjoyed your wreaths, simply stunning!
    ♥Sharon

    ReplyDelete

People who must have their share in the conversation: